3. How do we collect your dataWe collect personal information about you when you visit our Website or Store or if you purchase products or create an account with us. We also collect your information if you communicate with us by phone, e-mail and social media.
4. Type of information we collectThe types of personal information we collect includes:
Personal details such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and other contact information Transaction information, such as the product you purchased, its price, your method of payment and your payment details.
We also collect the following information:
search terms you have used to find our website
Details of your visits to the Website for example browsing behaviour, links clicked , device information and your location
IP address and cookie data. You can manage your cookie preferences by visiting our cookies policy.
Information required to complete a sale
5. How do we process your dataUnder the GDPR we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases:
Where you have provided consent
We use email, phone or text messages to communicate with you about our products and services, special offers, promotions or special events where you have ticked a box.
When we have entered in to a contract with you
We use your personal information to process your orders and payments or to give you a refund.
Where there is a Legitimate Interest
The reason we use this basis is that we will have to process your personal data in order to carry out certain tasks relating to our business activities as listed below in detail:
- Notify you by post, phone, email or text information relation to orders you placed
- To provide customer support and to perform your requests for products and services.
- To contact you if we need to request or provide additional information.
- To check our records are right and to check that you are happy and
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale, personalising marketing messages through social media
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
Personalise & Improve our Service
- To personalise your experience on our website. i.e. to help us understand about you, the products and services you use, the way you use them and customise the content and appearance of our Website to make sure that content is presented in an attracted way to meet your needs.
- To improve our business and services provided to you such as introduce new products, to evaluate our marketing strategy and to recognize the performance of our web site.
- To generate management information to be used in internal decision making.
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
When there is a legal obligation
- To identify you when you contact us
- To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you
- To assist HMRC and/or the Police and/or other law enforcement entities.
Where it is in your Vital Interest
- In some instances we may have to process your personal information in your vital interests, where we have reasonable reasons to believe that we may need to contact you to prevent or reduce any potential harm to you.
We share your information with our service providers such as suppliers, carriers. We only share information that helps them provide their services to us or to help them provide their services to you.
7. How long do we store your dataWe will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer. We will keep your data for up to 6 years after the last time you have been a customer. We may process your data within this time on one of the ways specified in Section 5 above and also for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints
- To show that we treated you fairly
- To maintain records according to rules that applies to us
- To establish, bring or defend legal claims.
We may keep your data for longer than 6 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. We will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
8. Your rights to data we hold about youYou have the right to access, amend, delete the data we held about you. You should contact our Data Controller by sending email email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- you can request a copy of your personal information held by us by emailing email@example.com from the email address which we hold on our database. If we agree that we are obliged to provide the information, we will contact you within 30 days from the receipt of request and information will be provided free of charge.
- You can edit your information by logging into your account on our website or contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address which we hold on our database.
- you can request to be removed from the ur database at any time by emailing email@example.com from the email address which we hold on our database.
- where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we reserve the right to charge a fee. We may also charge a fee if you require further copies of the same information.
- we will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
You have the right to object to us processing your data
- if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long.
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- contact us immediately if you want to object to the use of your personal data as outlined above.
- stop receiving marketing and sales emails from us by using the unsubscribe link contained in emails or by contacting us here. Please note that in order to stop sending you marketing and sales emails, it may be necessary to retain your email address. If you would like to completely remove your details from our database please be aware that you may receive emails in the future if you return to our site and complete one of our data capture forms. You will be able to opt-out as before.
we will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
in the event that you have not received a response within 30 days, you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
The purpose of our Cookies Policy is to explain to you in detail what cookies are, why you are collecting them, and what information cookies store. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for more details
10. SecurityWe have physical, electronic, and procedural security measures that comply with government legislation and regulations to protect personal information about you. We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held. We will ensure that when we share information with our service providers that they have appropriate security measures in place.
Under any circumstances we do not store record of your payment information such as credit, debit card information, paypal log in information etc. this information is securely deleted as soon as the purchase is completed.
11. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites you may have an interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.